With the kids growing and leaving home, this blog will help family and friends keep up with us all. Catch up on the the Mace Family Adventures and Trials. And now you can follow the new adventures of Pam as she battles Breast Cancer. Follow the kids individual blogs to keep up with what they are doing in their lives....
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Trial or Miracle???? Pam's story Continues... and Craig too!
I guess it's time for a quick update on the Mace and Baldwin families. I am continuing to get stronger little by little. I still don't have alot of energy, and get tired out quite easily. Today I washed down the shower and toilet, (a total of all of 5 minutes) and I was wiped out. So I know my limits and trying not to over do. (Good thing I remodeled my house earlier this year. Guess the rest won't be finished for a while now). Anyway, My surgery is healing, we think we finally found the right meds for my anxiety, and we don't know if it is the surgery or anxiety that is making me so exhausted. Most likely it's the combination of the two. Even after having two surgeries already, to remove the cancer, I think it just finally hit me today that this is real. That is because I got my phone call from MD Anderson Cancer Center for my consultation and to meet the Oncologist. My appointment is for Thursday Morning. So this is where the real part of my cancer kicks in. Did surgery do good enough, or will there be more treatments.... I guess we will know Thursday. That is about all on me. I am still not lifting, Kassie and Joe are still here and have been a huge support. Just having them here really helps out! Now on to my brother......
Well, here is the latest update on my brother Craig. As everyone knows, our lives change minute by minute. Chemo was actually started over the weekend, but after 2 rounds of chemo, his liver count ended up being to high, so they had to stop the chemo and wait for his liver to continue to do better. The count is continuing to lower daily, but last night, it was decided to send him home and let the liver continue to drain and lower. He will return to Spokane every few days for blood work and when the liver count is better, they will be able to continue on with the chemo. I'm told his coloring is looking a LOT better. The yellow is disappearing and his coloring is coming back! A good sign that his liver is functioning.
He returned home last night to a brand new adjustable bed. Which according to his daughter, Craig slept very well in it. He pretty much sleeps, but the kids are glad he is home for a while. He may be home for about 2 weeks before they are able to get on with the scheduled chemo treatments. The doctors will follow him closely.
We ordered Green (lymphoma) and Pink (breast cancer) wristbands this week for all the family. We all wear them proudly knowing that "No one stands alone". (which is what is written on each of them).
So that is about it on the updates. My dad continues to heal from his surgery as well. It's a slow process, but all will be well. WE WILL FIGHT THIS AND WE WILL WIN!!!! Until next time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment