Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trial or Miracle??? Pam's story continues..... and family too!

Well, I have survived the 1st week of recovery. Yesterday I was finally awake for more than just a few hours. I still don't have alot of energy, but at least I was up before 1:00 pm today. I am still following doctor's orders, and not lifting and doing alot of resting. I return back to the surgeon Thursday for the latest pathology reports, and get my appointment to meet with MD Anderson.
In the meantime.... My poor family is going through Alot! My dad is recovering from Hernia surgery which took place on Oct. 26. Sadly, he is recovering on his own, as more bad news has hit our family.
Monday, the day before my cancer surgery, my little brother Craig, went to the hospital. He was transferred to a hospital in Spokane, Washington. After spending several days there, and learning his liver stopped functioning, a series of medical tests were performed. To our shock, he was diagnosed last Friday with B-Cell Lymphoma cancer. The stupid doctor sent him home for the weekend, only for him to become worse. So today, my mom, nephew, and brother returned to Spokane to meet with an Oncologist (which actually knows what he is doing), and is immediately admitting him back into the hospital. They will try and drain the poison out of his liver, do a series of more testing, and plan to begin R-EPOCH Aggressive Chemo by Thursday. At this point they plan on a 5 day in hospital chemo, 2 weeks home, 5 days chemo, 2 weeks home for at least 6 treatments.
We still do not know what stage he is in, but the doctors think that with the aggressive chemo it can be cured. But it will be a long 6-8 months. Our prayers go out to him and his kids, as he is divorced and the kids have no support at home to help them. Thank goodness my mom and dad are closeby. Although my mom is mostly in Spokane with my brother. My dad will help out as much as he can.
This makes me worried about what my future holds. Although his doctor assures me, that this is not hereditary, but because my cancer and his were found at the same time worries me. Was mine just a miracle and an early sign of what could have been??? I will know more after meeting with MD Anderson and making sure I will be cancer free. I thought I had it bad till I heard of my brother. My two surgeries, and possibly radiation treatments, are nothing compared to what he is going through. I am grateful mine was found before it went to the lymph nodes.
Again, we know the Lord is with us. For whatever reason our family is being hit with Cancer at this time, we do not know. The Mace family continues to deal with other personal issues going on in our lives as well, and sometimes it's hard to keep going. I know the Lord says he will not give us more than we can handle, but I do have to say..... "I've reached my limit!" But I know the Lord loves me, my children, my brother, his children, and all of our family.
As I have said numerous times..... WE WILL FIGHT THIS AND WE WILL WIN!!!!!
Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment