With the kids growing and leaving home, this blog will help family and friends keep up with us all. Catch up on the the Mace Family Adventures and Trials. And now you can follow the new adventures of Pam as she battles Breast Cancer. Follow the kids individual blogs to keep up with what they are doing in their lives....
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Trial or Miracle???? Pam's story Continues... and family too!
Well, I made it through the 2nd surgery!!! Tuesday started out very early at 5:00 am. As we were pulling out of the driveway, I noticed that all the trees on our street had pink ribbons tied around them. Kassie and Joe went to all the neighbors the night before, informed them on what was happening and got permission to tie pink ribbons around all the trees. What a very nice surprise for me to see the love and support (some from neighbors we don't even know) before going in to surgery.
As far as we know at this point, surgery was a success. They believe they got it all, and we now wait a week for the pathology reports again to make sure we got it all. After that I will be turned over to MD Anderson to determine which direction to go next.
I slept for 3 days straight, but have been visited by several friends (some of which I may not remember them coming), have been fed very well, received tons of flowers, cards, phone calls, emails, and text messages.
I am very grateful to all my family and friends for all the love and support. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father who has been watching over me.
On a side note.... things are not going well with my family. My poor mom is keeping really busy. On October 26th, my dad had surgery for a hernia, and is suppose to be down for 6 weeks. The day before I went in for my surgery, my little brother (1 year younger) ended up in the hospital in Moses Lake, Washington. Because of the seriousness of his condition, he was transported to Spokane (about an hour and a half away). He was been in the hospital since Monday and awaiting test results. Things are not looking good, and hopefully test results will be in tomorrow. Our prayers are with him. My mom has been with him in Spokane (my brother is divorced and 6 kids) which has pretty much left my dad to recover by himself.
It amazes me at how much our family has been through this last year. Health wise, personally, emotionally, etc. But still we keep the faith and move on!!! We feel the love and prayers from all our family and friends. And know the Lord is in control at this time in our lives. Until next time......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment