Saturday, October 22, 2011

Now Let's get updated....

When I wasn't off in Idaho, (this last year), I kept busy updating the entire house. Painted and redid the master bedroom and bathroom. Gutted Kaydee's bathroom, Moved Jason's things to the room upstairs, totally redid the downstairs bathroom, Repainted the kitchen, put in granite counter tops, the works in the kitchen. Redid Rick's office (in Jason's old room), Painted the music room and fixed up my office. Yeah, that kept me pretty busy with no kids around!
The summer was filled with alot of ups and downs. Kaydee and Jason were enjoying Hawaii, although Kaydee was keeping mom hopping as she was having health issues and there was nothing I could do about it. While in Hawaii, the kids lived through the tsunami, Kaydee managed to have a ruptured ovarian cyst, and then managed to pass out, where we remained knocked out for 10-15 minutes. Ending up with a major Concussion! (those were just a few of her issues). We had some personal family issues to deal with which kind of put a hold on things, but we will make it through. (those issues I will not get in to)
The end of July, with Kaydee and Jason's Hawaiian adventures coming to an end, we flew the entire family out to Hawaii for a family reunion. It was nice to have the family together and we were able to meet Kaydee and Jason's friends, spend time on the beautiful beaches, visit Pearl Harbor, The Polynesian Cultural Center, Swap meet, hiking, and enjoying time with the kids! We rented a house there, so it was really nice to all be together.
The first of August, we said good bye to the kids as they flew back to Idaho and we made our way back to Texas with Kaydee and Jason. It was really hard for the kids to leave their friends behind in Hawaii! They had a great time!
Three weeks after being home, I flew Kaydee and Jason to Idaho for them to spend time with their Sisters and brother in laws. Two weeks later, I returned to Idaho again, to move the kids in to their apartments at BYU-Idaho where they were ready to start a new adventure in their lives. Even though Idaho is NOT Hawaii, I am sure they will come to love Idaho (or at least the friend part any way).
That about sums up that part of our life. Next will be the Miracle and new changes that are coming in Pam's life......

No comments:

Post a Comment